Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Spring ~ The Birds and the Bees, and No More Stars? Post by author Jessica E. Subject #amreading

Hello everyone! I'm back for my monthly post on Romance Eh? A lot has happened since I was last here. I've finished a story, attended my first conference (It was a blast!), and am getting ready for a few box sets and anthologies to release in the near future. Some will contain already published stories, while others will contain brand new ones. :)

It's also gotten a lot warmer, and the days are lasting longer. I take my dog for a walk almost every morning. In the winter, it was so dark, I had to walk on the side of the street with the street lamps to make sure if she did her business, I could find it to pick it up. Now, I have to wear sunglasses when I take her out at the same time of day. The one think I really miss though, is seeing the stars in the morning. I used to gaze up into the sky, and check out all the constellations visible in my part of the world. I used Google Sky Map to help determine which ones were planets, and occasionally, I even saw the space station zoom past. While I do enjoy the longer days, I also look forward to the fall, when I will be able to see the stars in the morning again. Because, I'm not getting up extra early to see them. Five o'clock mornings are early enough.

In my story, SATIN SHEETS IN SPACE, the heroine also enjoys gazing up at the stars, so much so, she has a tattoo that she has a tattoo of the Milky Way galaxy. Here's an excerpt...

“I noticed the galaxy on your shoulder.”

She sighed with disappointment, having expected him to kiss her. “Yes, I have a tattoo.”

Would a little ink stand in their way? She tried to pull away, to brace for his dismissal, but his hold on her never faltered.

“I like it. Why did you choose the Milky Way?”

Releasing the breath she’d been holding, Danyka smiled with relief. Her cheeks ached from the joy this man brought her. “It’s a tribute to my father. We’d often lie on the back lawn and watch the stars. He taught me about the constellations in our galaxy, and many other celestial bodies throughout the universe.”

A wave of sadness washed over her. She missed those moments, and her father.

Her date brushed his thumb along her cheek, bringing her attention back to him. “And what did he teach you about the possibility of other life—out in space?”

Did she really want to ruin this evening with talk of her belief in aliens? No.

He raised his eyebrows, waiting for an answer.

Oh hell. “He told me not to assume Earth is the only planet in the universe capable of sustaining life.”

“So you believe?”

“In a matter of speaking, yes.” There, she’d said it. Now watch him run. “But I can’t say I’ve ever met anyone from another world.”

His placed gentle kisses across her neck, lighting a fire deep in her core. “I believe, too.”

Even though no distance existed between their bodies, his kiss caught her by surprise. Any self-doubt she held onto melted away, giving room to the need to be with this man. His lips, as soft as when they’d pressed against her knuckles, stole her breath away.

He pulled back, leaving her body tingling. “Perhaps we could go someplace we could have some privacy?”

The idea both scared and thrilled her. She had never been one to do anything without meticulous planning, another reason she’d never had much fun in her life. But the evening had been one big whirlwind up until now. “Let’s go.”


For the month of May, Satin Sheets in Space is only 99¢ USD at Amazon
Amazon US | UK | Canada | Germany | Australia

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment