Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Two Romance Authors meeting up at the most Romantic Place on Earth

It's been said hundreds of times, writing can be a very lonely profession. We spend hours and hours in front of a computer screen with very little interaction with the outside world at times. Which is one reason why I think that Author bond so very easily sometimes.

I "met" Kali Willows (on Facebook) a couple months before RTC15. By the time the conference came around I already considered her a close friend and since then we've only gotten closer. Which to normal folk might seem strange since I've only ever seen her in person two times. LOL Which is why when I discovered that she was going to be in Niagara Falls, which is only 45 minutes away from me, I jumped at the chance to get some face-time with my friend.
It's Dary from Claiming his Cub!


It was an awesome afternoon filled with a tour of Clifton Hill which wouldn't be complete without a side trip to the Hershey Store. We also stopped in at the Trading Post, where I saw this adorable guy!

He reminded me of Dary, my RCMP bear shifter from Claiming his Cub! He almost came home with me too. LOL (I might have to go back and get him for Philly Author Fest in November!)

After that we headed down to the Niagara Aero Car. To be honest I'd totally forgotten about this. It's a cable car ride over the Niagara rapids and whirlpools. It's a few kilometers down river from the Falls where the river makes a 90deg turn and the water swirls about in the gorge on the left side.  It was built in 1916..yes almost 100 years ago.  
This picture is from the website. http://www.niagaraparks.com/niagara-falls-attractions/whirlpool-aero-car.html

It's absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous. I'd love to do it again in the Fall when all the leaves on the trees are changing.
The view of the rapids up river towards the Falls
The Whirlpools in the gorge



 I had so much fun and it was great being able to experience it with such a good friend. I already miss her and can't wait to get some more face time...hopefully before RTC16!!




No comments:

Post a Comment