Sunday, April 16, 2017

Swans and Sunshine #HappyEaster #Spring (@KaceyHammell)




Good morning. And Happy Easter! All of us here wish you and your families all the very best for a safe and fun-filled holiday.

It's been a crazy busy month for me. I've finished one story and started another, while doing self-edits to polish up the first story. It has to be near perfect in order to be sent off to a publisher. This is a second in a series so will be sent to Evernight Publishing, I believe this week (if I can stop tweaking it), so keep your fingers crossed for me!

I've loved watching the weather change and the skies open up with the sun. Hasn't been wonderful for my sinuses and allergies but with the good we have to deal with the not-so-good as well. But seeing the sunshine, being able to ditch the heavy coats and jeans has been awesome. The birds have woken me a few times early in the mornings as well. Love that sound, and thank goodness for the ability to catch up on sleep with a wee nap in the afternoon here and there. Love the birds but I can't sacrifice my sleep.

With the lovely weather comes yard work. The clean up of all the nastiness that gets blown around or discarded by evil people and freezes to the ground. And because of a couple brutal ice/windy storms during the winter, there have been many trees to lose branches and hundreds of twigs end up on the ground. On Good Friday, hubs, kid, Peaches and I ventured over to hubby's Grandfather's to clean up his yard. What a beautiful day. Grandpa lives on the shoreline of the Bay of Quinte. The kids have loved kayaking from Grandpa's dock and wading through the water a bit here. It's very rocky beneath the water but once out a bit further it's lovely. On the shoreline he has two once-gorgeous willow trees that have been fading fast, but too dangerous to cut down because of hydro lines and the one dwelling over the water. Every year there are many branches and limbs to clean up, but it makes for a great family day, we throw on a few burgers on the BBQ and make a day of it.There were people out in boats and the breeze off the water was glorious. And two friends came up to the shore and visited a while. No doubt, these two beauties have been fed along the way by some people since they were so friendly, but I sat for a long while watching them float around near Grandpa's and they came and went a few times. I love birds a lot, wish I knew how to identify more on sight, but I have picked up a couple books to assist me in this. I want to learn something new. We're never too old to learn.
Here are a few pics of our swan beauties who came to visit us.




Tomorrow we are off with our oldest son to look at a house he and his girlfriend and friends may be renting for when they start college in September. He wants Mom & Dad's stamp of approval. I want to run the other way and forget this whole thing! I love how he is shaping his future and knows what he wants, I just don't want him leaving home to do it! But I must. He has a great head on his shoulders and knows how to take care of himself. I'm not ready to give the job up yet. LOL

I hope your Easter holiday is full of love, family and laughter. Don't eat too much chocolate! Oh who are we kidding? I already had two chocolate eggs this morning. LOL


Be well, be safe. xo





No comments:

Post a Comment