Monday, December 18, 2017

Poinsettias and Mistletoe by @elle_rush

I really hope Santa brings me a poinsettia this year. I don't always have the best of luck with live plants, but I'd do my best to keep it alive. I really would. I could keep it alive till New Year's Day at the very least. I prefer the red to the white, but I've seen some variated ones that look pretty cool.


I used to think mistletoe was the coolest Christmas plant, because YAY KISSING! Then I learned it was a type of fungus. Its appeal dimmed after that.

That's all that's missing from my Christmas decorations. The tree is up, the presents are wrapped, the cookies are baked (I have a list of easy Christmas cookie recipes on my blog) and the stockings are hung by the chimney with care. Okay, they're on top of the book case by the television, but they're out. I'm ready.

With a week to go, how are you doing with your plans?  Can I help? I know this can be an expensive month, so let me stuff your stocking with a bunch of FREE stuff.  I have a free recipe book full of holiday favourites. I also have a free book for you to read between batches of cookies (SCREEN IDOL will be back to regular prices in the new year.)

However  you are spending this holiday season - with family, friends, or on your own - I wish you a very merry Christmas, joyful holidays, and a wonderful new year. See you in 2018.

Elle

***


Do you know who else has poinsettias? Lots and lots of them? The heroine in my sweet Christmas novella, HOLLIS AND IVY.

Unlucky Ivy Teague can’t win against her competition’s dirty tactics, and she will have to close her flower shop unless a Christmas miracle arrives at her door.

Hollis Dash has been sent to finalize a business deal with Ivy’s rival, but meeting Ivy upsets all his plans. Can they both get what they want for Christmas?

Only Santa knows.


AmazonKobo:  iBooks:  B&N:  Google Play:  

If you like sweet holiday romances, you can also check out the first book in the North Pole Unlimited series - DECKER AND JOY, which is on sale for $0.99 until January. It also makes a great gift :)

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yeah, kissing under the tree fungus is much less cute than a smooch next to the pretty red poinsettia. I hope you got a pretty one, or at the very least a stroll through the conservatory at the park to see their funky displays.

    ReplyDelete